Tuesday 14 July 2009

Making it Personal

Because I was a scrapbooker first I still lean towards the personal. Any card I have made has been with a particular person in mind and this determined the colour or style.

For example, here is a card for a very special young man's 1st birthday.

a daughter's 21st



And no, I didn't realise whenever I set about doing this card that you can actually buy candle-shaped blanks. Even if they only do stretch to 4 candles wide it would have helped.

Now I've decided to experiment more. Today I was playing with my nestabilities and trying to make a card that would suit more than one occasion.


I decided to have my frames interlocking from either side of this gate fold card and nestabilities made it easy to do this.














I also like to add something to the inside as well. This stamp is suitable for birthday, graduation, wedding or new job.


Playtime over for today although I think I would like to try this in black and white.


1 comment:

porker said...

the jacob card was even nicer in the flesh!! having been the recipient of many wonderful birthday and other creations this is just the tip of the iceberg..x