Thursday 23 July 2009

Pocket Cards

Today's tutorial on Splitcoaststampers is for a
'Flower Pot Pocket Card'.
I had already used this design for a birthday card a few
months back so I thought I would share it with you.
Initially I followed the tutorial exactly but as it started to
take shape the card seemed to be on the small side.
Now I am not a lover of big cards but I did want it a bit bigger.
I resized to suit me - can't remember the measurements-
but it wasn't difficult to do.
Anyhow I was happy with the result and so was the recipient.






This next pocket card was a tutorial on Jan Tink's blog called Carousel Notes. It was made using the Stampin'up product of the same name. As I didn't have access to Carousel notes I used square envelopes available and cut matching scalloped circles using my Cricut Expression and Accent Essentials cartridge. The paper is Cosmo Cricket 'Girl Friday' which I love.
the closed version


the open version


up close with the notes peeking out the pocket.

I was in a rush to get this card in the mail so the photographs are not quite what I hoped.
Once again the one on the receiving end was pleased.

STAMPS: Lizzie Anne Designs
PAPER: Cosmo Cricket 'Girl Friday'

ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

porker said...

i like the flower pot one, would be lovely as a get well card to as a way of sending flowers and a card?so thats an an order of 1 get well flower pot card..; )