Tuesday 28 July 2009

Waste not!

Like all crafters there is a tendency to save all leftover paper /card - just in case, but then when you need a piece the one in your stash isn't the right colour, or size, or shape. What do we do? - cut into another 12x12 and so the scrap stash continues to grow until we've no idea what it holds. I've set myself a challenge to try to make as much use of the 'scrap stash' as I possibly can. I have punched out endless circles, ovals, flowers etc but all I've done with these is store them for later.

Here is one idea for a card using leftovers....

The card base is navy blue with a white paper insert that reads ....
'are missing you'.

It was being sent by a class of children to a child who had moved away.
The characters were die cut with Quickutz and this allowed for even some
very small pieces to be used.



ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa