Monday 10 August 2009

Baby Girl and the colour challenge

Earlier on my blog I said that I was going to take part in weekly challenges in order to build up my stash of ready-to-go cards and also as an opportunity to use up my paper stash. My intentions were better than my efforts but there are a lot of other things demanding my time at the moment, namely home decorating projects. However sometimes the challenge just leaves me stumped. Last Monday's colour challenge for stamptv was peach, ivory and pink was optional. Not too bad, or so I thought. Theresa who set the challenge had made a really beautiful card. I already had an idea I had previously done in my head. Time to create.

Now it is important to remember that this was a colour challenge.
My idea went out the window the moment I got the papers out.

I reckon I have a pretty good collection of paper and cardstock but could I get peach. Everytime I gathered what I thought was peach and started to put paper and cardstock together, everything seemed to be more of a pink. In the end I found a peach DL card blank and a sheet of K&Co paper which was 2/3 pink with a peach border. It didn't leave a lot to work with but I managed to put something together. It really was a challenge this time.



Next weeks cc is red, brown and cream. I know I definitely have those colours - just hope I get the inspiration.


ShabbyBlogsDividerD

No comments: