Tuesday 11 August 2009

Watercolour Spritzing Challenge

I've already mentioned that I'm trying to build up my cards supplies and my ideas by taking part in weekly challenges. Stamptv offers different types of challenges for different days of the week.
This week the technique challenge was watercolour spritzing. Video tutorial can be found here. I'd already used a similar technique before and liked the result. The hardest part was finding a solid or fairly solid image stamp . This tree from CHF seemed the best choice so of course it had to be Autumnal colours. Managed to get the card uploaded with just about an hour to spare before the challenge closed. It's not a card that will stand out among others but it met the brief.


I am excited though because when I checked in this morning I found that I had won and so got to pick a stamp set of choice.
It has to be noted that the winner is the luck of the draw - random generator number - and nothing to do with the card. However, it's an added bonus when something like this happens.
The technique challenge for next week is to ink a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I made a lot of my Christmas cards last year this way and was really pleased with the results. But then I love Cuttlebug embossing folders.

ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

cheryl said...

this is lovely and certainly very autumnal. So you did not tell us which stamp set you chose as your prize! Is teh backing scalloped oval done iwth nestabilities?