Thursday 13 August 2009

Christmas & more.

Blue Christmas
I've been busy trying to get on top of things and take part in some challenges too. I always seem to be putting my entry at the very last moment but I think I've got the challenge days sorted in my head now. Sometimes I get lucky where I've already made a card that fits the bill without having to start afresh. Anyhow today was the sketch challenge.
Here is the sketch

and here is my card.
My first Christmas card of 2009. This is early for me. I don't usually get started until December. End of November if I'm really organised. Anyhow snowmen and blue - I think that's me to a T. The snowman is coloured with Sakura Gelly roll glaze and Stardust pens.

STAMPS: Home and Hearts - Penny Black; Snowman -Inkadinkado


Here are a couple of last year's cards. Surprisingly they fit next week's technique challenge so that's sorted although I would like to try a baby card or something. Tutorial for this technique here.

Winter Village


Winter's Butterfly

CUTTLEBUG EMBOSSING FOLDERS



Evening Sunset.

I'm also posting the card I made for Potluck Friday. This week it had to include a photo and my choice was one of a sunset my daughter had taken from her home. It is an absolutely breathtaking photograph. And here is my card.




I kept it simple because I didn't want to detract from the photo.

PUNCH: Martha Stewart Arch Lattice
STAMP: CHF Thomas Kinkade

ShabbyBlogsDividerD

2 comments:

Clabby said...

Love the Christmas card. You're on the ball early - I could do with putting in an order for a few. Love the way you pulled out the orange from the sunset pic.

porker said...

i really love the cmas cards with the 'a snowflake is..' might have to order some too! the phot works really well on the card, good idea!x