Tuesday 8 September 2009

Brighten Someone's Day

Today's posts are the Stamptv Technique challenges for last week and this. Unusual for me both cards are uncharacteristically bright but the I am trying to broaden my collection.

Shaker Card
Last week we were challenged to make a shaker card. I eventually decided that I would use a Tilda stamp with the shaker bits representing raindrops.
The problem I faced is that Tilda is quite a big stamp and so requires quite a big frame. There is little room left for anything else on the card front.
For some reason this background paper (dp) reminds me of water. I think it's the distress lines through it suggest ripples. Anyhow the paper determined the colours used on the stamp.
It doesn't seem quite finished to me and I would like to put a sentiment on the front - something I quite often avoid. It could be a birthday card or any number of cards but I see it as a Get Well wish with something quirky like 'Sorry you're feeling under the weather'. Just can't decide where to put it. All suggestions welcome.


STAMPS: Magnolia - Tilda in Spring Rain
PAPER: DCWV
PUNCH: Fiskars -Threading Water

Patchwork Pieces
This week's challenge was to do some sewing on a card. Have actually wanted to do this for some time so this was the perfect opportunity. I really enjoy patchwork so to me this was the way to go. It's a great way to use up leftover pieces of card-just as a quilt is intended to use up scraps. Anyhow I got the machine out and once I got past the point where I thought I'd broken it (way too long since last sewed) the card started to take shape. I didn't think to photograph it a the time but the difference before and after the stitching is amazing -I could hardly believe it. Anyhow here's the result and I really enjoyed making it. Put me back on the notion of sewing.


STAMPS: Gina K - Thanks A Million


Good news for me - my posting of JT and Mother Hen won me a stamp set in the Stamptv scrapbook challenge.


ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

porker said...

this is a beautiful card!love all the colours! weel done on your prize though im not surprised your cards would be prize worthy!x

Clabby said...

'Under the weather' sprung to my mind the minute I saw it. I love the colours in the second card. Really pleased about your stamp set - I'll keep the photos coming.

Granny P said...

Nice to know you appreciate the work and think it prize worthy. However the prize is simply the luck of the draw and no bearing on the work. It does however provide a bonus.