Wednesday 2 September 2009

Wiper/Birthday Card

The problem with giving a handmade birthday card is that you never really get to go back to store bought. Each year you try to come up with a different idea or style. This is where SCS helps. You can go through past ideas and usually there is something that can be adapted to suit the recipient. You just try that little bit more to whenever the card is for a family member.
A couple of weeks ago SCS did a tutorial for a 'wiper' card. There is a great step by step written tutorial or at the end a video tutorial. These are really helpful. For my daughter's birthday I decided to make the wiper card. However I decided to make this one a double-wiper ie. back and front decorated. She could choose which side to display.

my choice for the front

the back

open views




upright view


I loved this designer paper from My Mind's Eye.

This was a fun card to make and could be used for many occasions. Worth giving it a go.

STAMPS: Gina K Designs, Lizzie Anne designs, HOTP
PAPER: My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow
RIBBON: Making Memories
FLOWERS: Prima
NESTABILITIES: Classic Scalloped Rectangles, Classic Rectangles
ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

porker said...

as the 'daughter' in question can i just say this is a BEAUTIFUL card in person and was very much appreciated...still on my fireplace even after all the others have moved on...will be a while before i can put it away..x