Thursday 17 September 2009

Playing Catch-up

Where does the time go? My intentions to keep this blog up to date seem to be continually slipping away and so today I'm playing catch-up. The Mojo Monday challenge is viewed through the blog so it has to be posted. It's so easy to put anything else aside until later.

Monday: a colour challenge of brown, yellow and ivory.
stvcc29
The sunflowers were coloured with watercolour markers. Then I went over the image with a versa mark pen, applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed. This allowed me to sponge the background blue without marring the colours of the flowers. I didn't have nestabilities big enough for the yellow mat so I drew around the outside edge of the one I used for the brown mat and then cut it by hand. You don't get the embossed edge this way but for a mat it works ok.
STAMPS: GK Signs of Autumn, Thanks A Million
INK: Ranger archival black, Marvy watercolour pens.

Tuesday: a scrapbook sketch challenge.
This was another chance to do a page for my photo cube of Jacob.

stvscr29


I know that I am biased but when Jacob smiles his whole face lights up.
PAPER: K&Co Hopscotch
STAMP: Lizzie Anne Designs

Wednesday:
This was a 'soot stamping' technique challenge which I wanted to but couldn't take part in because I couldn't get any candle (or oil lamp, or hob) to create soot. But I will keep on trying.
Check out the technique here. http://stamptv.ning.com/video/soot-stamping

Thursday:
Today's was a card sketch challenge. Only at the very last minute did I decide to try something for this and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
stvsc29

.
Although they look black in the photo the card base and the matting are actually a very very dark brown. As an after thought I'm thinking some paper piercing might have worked on the right -hand corners but I can do that next time.
STAMPS: GK So Grateful
NESTABILITIES: Labels 4

Lately I've been using Autumnal colours and stamps. This is because I got great new stamp sets from Gina K Designs and also because I'm planning Autumn / Harvest craft for Sunday School and the Harvest. After that I can concentrate on Christmas.

ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Clabby said...

The scrapbook challenges are a great way of getting that cube done - in fact you could probably get a whole album done if you kept taking part in them. Love the last card.

Alison said...

Beautiful work, thanks for visiting my blog.

Alison

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work - neat tip for matting spellbinders too! and the little guy is way too cute!!! Thanks for visiting me!! it is lovely to find someone else in Norn Iron!! lol