Wednesday 9 September 2009

More Christmas Cards

Green and Pink Christmas (sc28)


These are not colours I would usually think of using on a Christmas card but I did like the snowflake paper and so decided to run with it. Happy with different elements of the card but I'm still not sure about the overall result. A bigger stamp might have been better. Could be just down to the fact that pink and green aren't my colours.

STAMPS: Hampton Art - Snowman window HOTP-sentiment
PAPER: DCWV
PUNCH: Stampin'up Scallop circle, Woodware circles
EMBELLISHMENTS: snowflake brad, adhesive gems


Quick Christmas (sc 26)



This is a good card for mass production. The snowflake with the red gingham is actually a wire edged ribbon I salvaged from last year's presents. I think someone out there might recognise it. Keep my cards in mind when you are buying your ribbon this year. To make the snowflake detail stand out I placed a strip of blue card underneath. Where I have used ribbon a strip of patterned paper works just as well.

STAMP: Hero Arts - Winter's Butterfly
PUNCH: EK Success corner rounder



Cuttlebug Christmas (colour challenge 27)


There is no quicker, more effective card than the one made with a CB embossing folder. If you haven't already tried it give it a go. You'll be hooked.


STAMPS: Stampin'up - Flaky Friends
CUTTLEBUG FOLDER: Snowflakes


There are now 4 new Christmas cards in my stash. That's really good because I don't usually get started until December.
Does anybody notice a trend? I like snowmen.

ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Clabby said...

The last one is really unusual - I love the pattern going on in the background (embossed?). I'm in the same boat as you with the first - love the individual elements but there's something niggling about the overall result - maybe the snowman?