Sunday 27 September 2009

Sarah Kay Memories

Waltzingmouse Makes has a competition to make a card with a favourite stamp and use lots of green.
My choice is this stamp from Sarah Kay range and although I'm nominating it my favourite this is the first time it has been inked. I bought it because of the memories it holds. Our oldest child's first bedroom was wallpapered in this Sarah Kay design and when I saw the stamp that's what I thought of. C won't have any memory of it because we moved house only a few months later and she was too young to remember the room. I loved how that first bedroom for a child had been decorated and I enjoyed the process.
As for the green in my card - I was happily trying out my copics, just about to reach for the blue whenever I remembered something about green. Had to do a quick change and this is the result.


STAMPS: Sarah Kay - Best Friends Forever
NESTABILITIES: Labels 4
COPICS
PUNCHES: MS - Doily Lace


ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a gorgeous card, and a lovely story, I'm a sucker for sentiment!! Many thanks for playing along, and good luck!!

Clabby said...

You're right - I don't have any memory but I love the card. One of my favourites so far. Love the green fringe, the pink bling and the background paper. Any ideas what to give it for?

www.courtenayscrafts.blogspot.com said...

This is simply beautiful! I love it and I would sometimes make a card like this which holds many memories and simply pass it on to my daughter with a simple word or two inside telling her of the memories it holds for me. Then she too can share those moments. My C has a memory box. She keeps all my little quirky cards and gifts inside it. BUT ......not everyone is a sentimental old fool like me!