Monday 7 September 2009

New Challenges


I seem to be behind with my blogging lately and although I've made a few cards I never seem to get them posted. For this reason I've decided to update with this week's challenges for Stamptv and add the others as and when.

Grey, Black and Pink Colour Challenge

I toyed with the idea of what I could do for this colour scheme for most of the week and had in mind to use the CB Hound'stooth embossing folder but as seems to be the way lately time ran out. It was nearly the deadline, I had just about given up taking part this week whenever I remembered some paper I had in just these colours. Believe it or not they were actually in a Christmas collection.
Anyhow I gathered the papers and resorted to one of my tried and tested designs. It never seems to fail. Some bling and a lacy border I was quite happy with the result.

the front view the open view

STAMPS: Gina K Inspiration Mosaic
PAPER: DCWV
PUNCH: MS Doily Lace


JT and Mother Hen
I don't usually do the scrapbook challenge because it takes me a long time to decide just what I want my page to say. I did think though that this would be a good way to get started again as I haven't scrapbooked in a long time. To date I have always used a 12x12 layout as I find this the easiest. However for today's challenge entry I used 6x6. The reason for this is that I plan to cover a 6x6 cube to display on a coffee table or sideboard. Hopefully the weekly challenges will help me get it finished.
The subject of this cube is a very very special young man who puts a big smile on my face every time his mum sends a photo. He's so precious.
This week was a sketch challenge
Who says friends have to be just like you?
I've got to admit that I wouldn't go as close as Jacob.


STAMPS: Gina K Signs of Autumn, Thanks a Million
PAPER: K&Co Hopscotch




ShabbyBlogsDividerD
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Clabby said...

Class card - especially the inside lacy border. I love the colours you put with the photos of JT - they really bring out colours in the photos.